Terms & Conditions
You warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and possess the legal authority to enter into this agreement and to use the Site in accordance with all Terms & Conditions herein. If you are using this Site and/or making travel reservations or bookings for another person you agree to inform that person(s) about the Terms & Conditions that apply to the travel reservations and bookings you have made on their behalf, including all rules and restrictions applicable thereto and these Terms & Conditions. You agree to be financially responsible for all of your use of the Site (as well as for use of your account by others). You are responsible for any bookings and travel reservations made by persons under your direction or control. You also warrant that all information supplied by you or on your behalf, or by members of your household in using the Site is true, current, complete and accurate. Furthermore you also confirm that the traveler is not an unaccompanied minor. Without limitation, any exploratory, speculative, false, or fraudulent reservation or any reservation in anticipation of demand is prohibited.
Whenever you make use of a Site feature that allows you to upload material to the Site, or to make contact with other users of the Site, you must comply with applicable laws and the best standards of internet courtesy and behavior. You undertake that any such contribution does comply as aforementioned, and you irrevocably undertake to fully indemnify us at all times for any breach of that warranty and undertaking. Any material you upload to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary and we have the right to use, copy, store, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to the Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the Site. We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on the Site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with these Terms & Conditions.
In order to complete a Booking the following steps are taken to ensure its validity: When we place Service Elements on our Site, we are inviting you to make an offer for their purchase. You do not make this offer until you press "Book" on the payment page (entitled "Review Trip Details and Book") of the Site. Once you have done so you have made Flights an offer (which cannot be withdrawn if you change your mind) to purchase the relevant Service Element(s) from the relevant Travel Supplier(s) (your "Booking"). We are free to accept your offer on behalf of the relevant Travel Supplier or to reject it, at our sole discretion. The Flights email confirmation is NOT the contractual acceptance of the Booking, but merely an acknowledgement that we have received your offer. We will need to check the availability of the relevant Service Element(s). If the relevant Service Element is available, your Booking will be processed. The contract pertaining to the relevant Booking is formed when payment in full has been received. The contract between you and the relevant Travel Supplier will relate only to those Service Elements confirmed by email with ticket numbers in case of air or reservation numbers in case of hotels, cars or activities. The terms of your Booking (such as price, availability and/or dates of travel) are not guaranteed until the contract is formed between you and the Travel Supplier and a ticket has been issued and/or a reservation has been made and confirmed by the Travel Supplier. Please note that once you have completed the Booking stage you can only cancel or change the details (such as names or destinations) of your Booking at our sole discretion and in accordance with these Terms & Conditions. These Booking processes will apply to any of our individual Service Element's Terms & Conditions set out below. The airline ticket Terms & Conditions, the hotel Terms & Conditions, the car rental Terms & Conditions, the attractions and services Terms & Conditions supplement any area not covered by the Booking process. We reserve the right to change the Booking process at any time, with changes automatically taking effect from the date such changes are posted on the Site. At all times throughout your trip a government-issued photo ID is required for security checks at airports, hotels and car rental locations and may be required for attractions and other products as deemed necessary by the relevant Travel Suppliers. In addition to the required government-issued ID as stated above, proof of citizenship (Passport) is required for international travel (for most countries outside of the United States). Please note that it is your sole responsibility to ensure that you meet the passport, visa, and/or health requirements of the countries you wish to visit and those that you transit (even if it is for a simple flight change). Many countries require that your passport should be valid for a minimum period from the date of arrival into that country. For any questions regarding what the applicable minimum period is and any other conditions or passport/visa requirements for travel, you should contact the corresponding local consulate of the countries to which you are travelling. Neither Flights nor its affiliates accept any responsibility, and you will not be entitled to any refunds whatsoever, if you are denied boarding, delayed or deported due to non-fulfillment of the above.
- Government entry/exit fees may apply, depending on your destination.
- These are your sole responsibility and will be additional to your Booking charges.
- All travelers on your Booking (if more than one passenger) must travel on the same itinerary. Individual passengers cannot be added to, and/or deleted from your Booking.
- Each Service Element listed in your Booking is provided by the respective Travel Supplier.
- Frequent traveler points and/or miles may or may not be available for any portion of your Booking. You must check this with the relevant Travel Supplier.
Pricing, Taxes/Fees, and Payment:
Prices quoted also do not include any additional flight fuel surcharges or other surcharges which may be imposed from time to time by the relevant Travel Supplier or authorities, all of which must be paid by you. Payment must be made in full with a valid credit or debit card at the time of Booking. Flights accepts all major credit or debit cards with a verifiable billing address. You hereby authorize Flights and its authorized third party to process the charge to the credit or debit card you provide to us for the total amount of your Booking. You may be required by the relevant Travel Supplier(s) to present a valid credit or debit card at the time of check-in at the hotel and/or at the pick-up location of the car rental company to provide confirmation of authorized card usage and/or to secure any additional charges. The cardholder must be a traveler listed on yourBooking. All offers, prices, and conditions of sale may be subject to:
- change without notice;
- advance purchase, eligibility, seating, or other limitations;
- travel days, dates, minimum or maximum stays, holidays, seasons, blackout dates, stopovers, and/or waitlisting restrictions;
- reservation validation limitations of up to one year (if any extension permitted, penalties/restrictions may apply);
- other conditions/restrictions; and
A reservation is not complete until confirmed/ticketed. To protect our customers, we verify with the credit/debit card company that the billing address and credit card verification number you provided to us is accurate and that your debit/charge will be accepted. Until such information is verified, the fare is subject to change. We are not responsible for any transaction that is declined based upon a credit/debit card that is declined by the issuing company or a travel provider or if, for any reason, the debit/credit card billing address and/or credit card verification number cannot be verified in a timely manner, nor are we responsible for any changes in fare or any other charges that may occur during our verification process. In the event the fare selected is not available an approval code may have been issued on your credit card. If the transaction is not completed the approval code may temporarily credit the amount from your bank account.
CHANGES TO FLIGHTS ALREADY PURCHASED
Any and all changes made to the itinerary are restricted and are subject to airline fare rules, whichever is more restrictive; most of our tickets,hotels,cars,packages and cruises do not allow any date or name changes after the booking is completed. Flights does not guarantee, and shall not be responsible for, any bookings or reservations made or confirmed to you in the event that the original itinerary has been changed by the supplier pursuant to customer's request or supplier's schedule changes.
CANCEL AND EXCHANGE
Most of our airline tickets are 100% non-refundable. In certain cases where the airline may allow cancellations, a credit may be valid towards a future ticket purchase by the same traveler on the same airline. Usually the credit issued by the airline supplier has a specific expiration date, after which it cannot be used. We encourage you to discuss additional restrictions attached to your credit with a customer service agent. All such bookings where the cancellation may be permitted must be cancelled prior to the scheduled departure time of the first flight segment by calling our customer service center. We do not guarantee any cancellation. When you are ready to make your new booking and wish to use your airline credit, you will be required to the pay fare difference (if any), applicable airline penalties and any applicable Flights post-ticketing fees. All such changes are governed by each airline's fare rules, policies and procedures, which are not under our control.
CANCEL AND REFUND
Most of our airline tickets, hotels, pre-paid car rentals, vacation packages and service fees are non-refundable after 24 hours of booking. All cancellations must be done over the phone only. We can accept refund requests only if the following conditions have been met:
- you have applied for a cancellation and refund with us and if the fare rules provide for cancellation and refunds
- you are not a "no show" (most "no show" bookings are in-eligible for any waiver from suppliers for refund processing)
- we are able to secure waivers from suppliers to process this requested cancellation and refund
We are unable to provide a specific time line for how long it may take for this requested refund to be processed. All refund requests are processed in a sequential format. Once you have provided our customer service agent with your cancellation request, we will then send you an email notification that your request has been received. This notification does not automatically qualify you for a refund. This only provides you with an acknowledgement of your request and provides you with a tracking number. Upon receipt of your request we will work with the suppliers such as airlines, hotels, car-rental companies to generate a waiver based on airline and other supplier rules and notify you of the supplier decision. Please note that we are dependent on the suppliers for receiving the requested refunds. Once the refund has been approved by the supplier it may take additional time for this to appear on your credit card statement. Generally, all suppliers will charge a penalty for refund. This entire process may take 60-90 days from receipt of your request to receiving credit on your statement.
PAYMENT ACCEPTANCE POLICY
We accept credit cards and debit cards issued in US, Canada and several other countries.
- Please note: your credit/debit card may be billed in multiple charges totaling the final total price. If your credit/debit card or other form of payment is not processed or accepted for any reason, we will notify you within 24 hours (it may take longer than 24 hours for non credit/debit card payment methods). Prior to your form of payment being processed and accepted successfully, if there is a change in the price of air fare or any other change, you may be notified of this change and only upon such notification you have the right to either accept or decline this transaction. If you elect to decline this transaction, you will not be charged.
In order to provide you with further protection, when certain transactions are determined to be high-risk by our systems, we will not process such transactions unless our credit card verification team has determined that it's safe to process them. In order to establish validity of such transactions, we may contact you or your bank.
CREDIT/DEBIT CARD PAYMENTS
- All credit cards must have a verifiable US, Canadian or other country billing address. To see the list of countries where credit cards are accepted, click the drop menu down in the check-out page.
- All bookings and fares are not guaranteed until ticketed by the supplier. For hotels, car rentals, and vacation packages, bookings are not guaranteed unless you receive a confirmation number by email.
- When you submit your credit or debit card for a purchase, we request an authorization for the amount of your anticipated transaction (placing a temporary "hold" on the funds). If for some reason we are unable to confirm your booking, you will not be charged and we will request that such hold be released by your credit or debit card bank; until then, funds subject to the hold will not be available to you for other purposes.
- If your credit card is declined for any reason, we will notify you within 72 hours. Simply submitting the credit card does not automatically guarantee ticketing.
- Flights bears no responsibility in the event your credit or debit card is not approved or charged.
- There can be many reasons why your credit or debit card may not have been approved or charged. Examples of these maybe: airline could not confirm the booking, fare increased since payment information was submitted and prior to ticketing; or sufficient funds not available on the credit card. In such instances where the fare may have increased, you will be provided with alternate options and you have the right to cancel the booking at no cost to you. When the booking is ticketed at the cost originally quoted to you the ticket becomes non-refundable and non-cancellable.
- Flights uses stringent safety measures for credit card payment processing. Fraudulent transactions, if any, are reported to airport security, airlines and other federal and state law enforcement.
- You agree to be liable for any and all credit card payments and you agree not to dispute charges after the purchase has been made and your tickets and/or other products have been delivered by email confirmation or have been shipped to you. You agree to reimburse Flights in cases of charge back or credit card disputes where you have genuinely purchased a service on our website.
- Most credit card transactions over the phone to our Customer Service Department are recorded and are available as evidence in case of any dispute.
- Online credit card transactions are authorized at the time a user or anyone acting on their behalf accepts these Terms & Conditions and continues with the purchase.
- When certain transactions are determined to be high risk by our systems, we will not process such transactions unless our credit card verification team has determined that it's safe to process them. In order to establish validity of such transactions, we may contact you or your bank.
CREDIT CARD DECLINES
If your credit card declines at the time of processing your transaction, we will make all efforts to notify you by email within 72 hours. The transaction will not be processed if your credit card has been declined. The fare and any other booking details are not guaranteed. If there is a fare change you have a right to cancel the booking at no cost to you. There will be no service fees charged for this.
SEATS, MEALS, FREQUENT FLYER AND OTHER SPECIAL REQUESTS
Please note that your seats, meals, frequent flyer and other special requests are requests only.. We do not guarantee you will be assigned the seat(s) you have requested. We also do not guarantee that your meal(s), frequent flyer and other special requests will be honored by the airline. It is therefore recommended you contact your airline directly to confirm these requests prior to your scheduled departure date.
BAGGAGE POLICY AND FEES
If you have excess baggage, you will have to pay any excess baggage fee assessed by each airline. Most airlines now charge baggage fees even for the first bag checked-in; we recommend traveling light to reduce these costs. Baggage fees range from $15 up to $200 or more depending on the size and weight of the bag and is per checked bag. These fees are to be paid directly to airline upon using such service.
AIRLINES SCHEDULE CHANGES/FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS
Airline Policy on Schedule Changes:
All Airlines have differing rules and policies regarding schedule changes, which are beyond our control. Due to the operational needs of each airline, changes are often made to the flights that they are currently operating. Often these changes are a prediction of travel needs for a future dates but can also reflect same day changes. Types of changes could be: flight number changes, time changes, routing, date changes and or cancellations. Cancellations include when an airline has stopped or temporarily canceled service to certain cities, or stopped service on certain days of the week.
Cancellations:Reasons for cancellations or schedule changes may include: